Streamliner

To: Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Streamliner
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:19:32 -0700
Good Morning all,

It is a beautiful spring day in Redding. The weather is beginning to get
my enthusiasm for working on the race car jump started. Each year I make
plans to go to work on the car early and get things in order and each
year it is well into spring before I get serious. Does anyone else have
that problem? Just possibly I have been doing this too long!

The end of last week, I received an email from Bob Brissetti discussing
Chet Herbert's new streamliner. I thought that the rest of you might
have an interest so I am including it in this post.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC

from Bob Brissetti...
                 I was at Chet Herbert's today picking up some parts and
talked to Chet for a while.  His new streamliner is supposed to be ready
to run at the May SCTA meet.   He has one of his 640 ci own design hemi
in it on fuel.  It is front wheel drive with 3 front tires, two on left
and one on right with a single rear steering wheel. Looks a lot like
Summer's Pollywog from the top but the side view is different.   Has
twin vertical tails about a foot long and about a foot hi above the
body. The under part of body raises 6 inches just after the trans to
create a vacuum for down force.  He is running a 5 disk drag clutch with
an air <boat style> clutch so he can disengage in pits to work on. A
single speed Lenco and a huge QC of some kind.  Rick White will drive
and his crew will be there also. Should be a great working situation.
Next trip down I'll get some pictures.  Also saw his newest sb Chev hemi
head. The intake flows 460 cfm!!!!   Kind of a modified hemi around each
valve so almost looks like two chambers. The blocks will have to have
bosses welded on the block to the top of each cyl like the 426 Chry. He
is about 30 days away from dynoing it. He thinks it will have at least
150 more hp.       See you.     Bob