FIA vs. BNI

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: FIA vs. BNI
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:23:47 -0700 (PDT)
--- Nt788@aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> landspeedracer@msn.com writes:
>
> << You feel no need for an international record, but
> may of us feel
> differently. BNI records are currently the best in
> the world in the classes
> we have. Without changing ANYTHING why don't we just
> claim our rightful place
> amongst the fastest racers in the world. No hoopla,
> just the facts. >>
> I must be misunderstood because I also believe that
> all records set at any
> SCTA or BNI event should be considered world
> records! Not just ones set at a
> longer track costing more and causing delays for the
> majority of
> participants, who are the backbone of this great
> amateur sport!  I find
> nothing wrong with calling any record set at these
> events international! FIA
> also has a place for those who can afford it! And
> the fastest is the fastest!
> I don't need any trick names to give me an
> advantage, just better
> performance! Just have the courage to call your
> record international if it
> is! Or conduct a different event at a different time
> to accomplish your goal!
> Have you ever experienced a dual purpose meet, or do
> you really need a costly
> distance advantage? No Handicaps! Jack

Let's face it, we who race land speed cars are not
entirely secure with who we are. If we were, this
issue of FIA vs. BNI records would be moot. I find it
laughable when I look at an FIA record, where my car
fits perfectly, and it is substantially under my BNI
speed. The only differential between FIA and BNI is
the time it takes to do the down and return run.
Without question, FIA tends to be more difficult.
Still, who is really the fastest here?! All things
good in racing do not necessarily come from the EU. If
we want parity, we must have the courage and
conviction to take the lead position toward that end.

John Goodman