Re: British Attempt on Motorcycle Record

To: "Tom Neimeyer" <tneimeyer@houston.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: British Attempt on Motorcycle Record
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 00:16:11 -0600
List,

Gabe Uttley came out to bonneville with his student class from Britian a few
years ago, I want to say in 2000. They brought a stock ZX12 and also an
older Suzuki. They went just a tich over 190 on the stock Zx12. And I
beleive in the 170's on their other bike. Great deal. Gabe is a instructer
at a school and he brought his high school class over, they built the older
bike and came and raced it. Really a "class act"
Gabe has emailed recently and told me about the project and sent pictures, I
dont think they are that far behind as stated in the article. I will email
Gabe and see what status is on the project.
I read on his website that in 1937 Brits owned the motorcycle land speed
record at 169.791 mph by Eric Fernihough.Fernihough
Here is his website which is also listed on my links page.
http://www.fromtheband.freeserve.co.uk/Index.htm

Jonathan