Re: Header size

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Header size
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 05:35:01 -0400
The heads flow a few cfm better than a stock passenger car head for a SBC.. They
will support around 440 hp max a 1 3/4 is more than enough and a length of 29 to
31 inches is appropriate. I would get whatever is available off the rack to fit
the chassis in those sizes. The next biggest bang for your buck on this engine
is a set of heads, with some valve gear that will allow 6800 rpm and then you
will have maxed out the bottom end of the engine that I remember to have stock
rods and crank.
Dave