RE: engine oil and coolant temps

To: "'ARDUNDOUG@aol.com'" <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: engine oil and coolant temps
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:48:14 -0500
Early model Corvairs used a gasoline-fired heater that was similar to the
"South Wind" type.

BTW, those Stewart-Warner "South Wind" heaters were a coveted item when I
was in the US Army in Germany. It made the difference between freezing in a
jeep or the back of a truck I the cold, damp weather of Central Europe. One
day a lost Army truck driver made the mistake of stopping by our Kaserne to
ask directions. Someone discovered that he had a load of SW heater kits in
the back of his deuce-and-a-half truck. I'll bet he's still wondering where
a bunch of them went!

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ