Re: engine oil and coolant temps

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Subject: Re: engine oil and coolant temps
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:07:27 -0700
That's a great idea, I'll file it away in my memory bank in
case I go to a cooling tank some day. The Sundowner Corvette
has that "cold water" problem - It has 30 gal or so to heat
up, which just isn't feasible, or desireable since it is a
turbo car. The car never warms up at El Mirage. Mine warms up
fast in the pits or line, as I don'r have a fan. Once under
way, the air through the radiator cools it fine. My water temp
at the end of the 5 is only 210 or so. I'm lucky to get it up
to 200 deg. in 1.3 miles.
Ed