RE: LSR claimed by the Air Force

To: "'Jim Belford'" <jimbelford@msn.com>
Subject: RE: LSR claimed by the Air Force
From: "Mathew Sanchez" <mathew.sanchez@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 21:46:18 +0100
I'd like to know how much distance something at that speed would take to
stop naturally and was wondering if the remaining 10 miles would be long
enough? The air resistance and friction must take a big bite out of it
very quickly? Being able to examine the sled afterwards would be
interesting to see what effect the speed had on the materials used, even
very small objects must do some damage. I guess on this occasion it must
have been the concrete in which case there must have been a pretty big
final bang?