RE: Torque Converter Slippage

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Torque Converter Slippage
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 21:11:10 EDT
A few memories on this subject..The  New Nissan Murano and Audi A6 have 245
and 220 hp on CVTs. My 2-stroke 500cc lakester has 135 hp with ancient
snowmobile drivetrain technology. Dave's thoughts on CVT are spot on and
hopefully here soon. Then again, I remember  the prophecies of the
obselescence of manual shifting by 1984 or sooner. Dutchman  Hub Van Doorne
was enamored of Buick's Dynaflow and came up with the DAF Auto that featured
his own early CVT type trans....................Bob, Automanic, Wanner