Front Runners and other tires

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Front Runners and other tires
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
As near as I can tell, some guys use Goodyear Front Runners at the lakes and
Bonneville; some apparently both on front and rear.  (I'm running them on the
front of my Camaro, but it has only been run on the hard concrete at Maxton.)

I know we've talked a lot about these tires in the past and the problems of
using them on the rear at Maxton and such, but what about other brands of drag
racing front tires for Bonneville and lakes?  For instance,  does anybody run
M/T ET Fronts, Moroso Front Drags, or Hoosier Drag Fronts.  Does anybody use
any of those tires on the front, and the rear of their Bonneville cars?  I've
got an almost new set of Morosos hanging up in the shop.  Can they be used on
the rear at Bonneville?

Dick J

In East Texas