Re: Front Runners and other tires

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Front Runners and other tires
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:39:38 -0700
---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 15:56:27 -0400
>From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@msn.com>
>Subject: Re: Front Runners and other tires

John;
I am using the same tires I run at B'Ville - They have 4
grooves running around the circumfrence - other than that, no
tread. The tires I am considering have a fairly aggressive
tread pattern, similar to street tires (sorry I don't have the
Goodyear D number handy). They are designed for asphalt track
racing. Definately too much tread for the salt (MY opinion +
the opinion of 2 Goodyear engineers) but still wondering if
they would hook up better than rear frontrunners, or just be a
cause of additional rolling resistance.
Ed