RE: Variable slip transmissions/MHD

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Variable slip transmissions/MHD
From: "Waldron, James" <James.Waldron@CWUSA.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:27:04 -0400
What sort of heat will be generated as one 'thickens-up' this fluid to reduce
converter slippage?  What does heat do to the fluid properties?

How much 'work' is a shock doing compared to a torque converter?

Given that there may (?) always be some slippage in a torque converter,
would you want a lock-up mechanism? (I know this would inhibit or
cancel any wheel slip control.)

How small a space/clearance between the driving and driven turbines? (I'm
sure this the wrong terminology - hope you know what I mean)

Thanks,
Jim W.