RE: hypersonic LSR/Turbinator

To: "'Land Speed List'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: hypersonic LSR/Turbinator
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:40:50 -0700
The Turbinator, that high-speed boulevard salt cruiser, has its exhaust
routed straight up with a vengeance and therefore gets no benefit from this
blown airfoil theory. My photos of the car in the lights reveal the exhaust
is well above the car. If anything, the air that doesn't vent well above the
car would be a turbulence detriment to the back of vehicle. Nevertheless,
Don always said the car handled a dream -- save when the tire blew at 458
and he had to rapidly switch driving styles (car vs. bike) to counteract the
cross control phenomenon as the car drooped to the left (3 wheels: bike)
and then righted itself  (4 wheels: car)

He was a Zen master of driving control, the car came to rest only few from
the black line (his guide to stay out of the mud dike) and none of us on the
team had a clue there had been any problem until we saw the car with its
nose floating up on one side. Typical Vesco, he just grinned like a pole cat
that had swiped the fattest chicken in the coop leaving us slack jawed. What
a day. What a guy.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.