RE: El Mirage

To: Landspeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: El Mirage
From: Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:51:51 -0700
Hello all--

I sure wish I could be down at the lake meet this weekend, especially since
Keith & Tonya will be there (I guess I'll have to wait until Speed Week to
meet the new driver of the "girly camaro"). Unfortunately, I need to stay
home to work on my Master's thesis research and get some grading completed,
but next month I'll be there to drive the coupe. I'll miss catching up with
you all, but be safe and GO FAST!!!

Oh, and some good news on the status of my pink slip for those who have been
asking. Very timely today, the Day of the Teacher, I was "rehired,"
otherwise know as not laid off, from my local school district. This is
wonderful news as I've been the breadwinner since January, as Ron was laid
off late last year and his industry (printing/graphic arts) just isn't
picking up at all yet.

:-) Katie Young Cortez (one of the more social list members who is always
learning something new from what you all have to share!)

P.S. Also today I taught the sixth lesson of the eight I am teaching 3rd-5th
graders on LSR. and my update is that they are loving it! Today we talked
about the safety equipment we use and they all got to suit up in my
firesuit, helmet and boots. For our final lesson in 2 weeks my dad is
bringing down the roadster and the kids are sooooooooooooo excited for that.