RE: El Mirage

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: El Mirage
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:30:24 -0700
Got into El Mirage about Noon Saturday, And hit the back of the inspection
line.
Saw a lot of people from last year and some new stuff had showed up, or at
least cars I haven't seen. Got Inspected by Mike Manghelli himself, got an
autograph in the log book. Too windy to put the canopy up yet, went back to
Victorville and got the Back Nine in at Greentree Golf Course.
Sunday we set up, and made ready for the first pass with a new engine.
Nothing really special but it turned out to be pretty strong as I got a
153MPH pass out of it. The track was a little "slick" and the car was
wandering a little more than I like, Then I hit the rev limiter in top gear
and thought I broke the motor (again).
then I remembered it was set low and proceeded to try and time hitting it
again in the traps. Anyway, I got busy keeping it straight, watching the
Tach, wondering if I'd really hurt the motor, that I almost forgot to pull
the chute, Glen will probably chastise me for that. Spent the rest of the
day wandering around showing a friend, on his first time to the races, What
we do on the Hot, windy, and dusty lakebed. See ya June 8th.

Mike Meierle
#300 C/STR
SCTA-BNI/Sidewinders