Re: El Mirage

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: El Mirage
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:08:57 -0400
Well Rich that is almost the same introduction to racing that i got as a kid. My
neighbor had a modified asphalt car. Old coupe with a 301 Chevy and 3 carbs. My
job as a six year old was to pass wrenches under the car and learn the
difference between a 1/2 and a 7/16 inch wrench. Got pretty good at fractions
before I knew why I needed to know them. Learned all the great phrases
associated with a skinned knuckle much to my Dad's dismay as well. The reward
for all my hard work passing wrenches was a ride in the driver's lap when they
loaded the car up to head for Stafford Springs 1/2 mile track on Friday
afternoon. I do remember before the Chevy they had a Studebaker V-8, not sure
why though.. Man that was a long while ago.. So basically it's their fault I
don't have a real job now LOL... See what you are doing starting to make a kid
follow their heart instead of what their high school guidance councilor suggests
as their vocation. They wanted me to go to work for Buick before they had a GN T
type... At 51 I have been a hot rod guy for 45 years even if it was just passing
wrenches to start with.

Keep up the good work!!!!!
Dave Dahlgren