El Mirage

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: El Mirage
From: "James Tone" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 18:44:04 -0700
Hey it was a wonderful Sunday.  I showed up at 7am to due my favorite pastime
of putting spectator arm bands on all of our Sunday "guests"  who come over to
the registration trailer.  I do this for the first 2 hours non-stop to help
out one of my heroes Warren Bullis. About 20 minutes after the first car runs
Dan and I can get ready to do my other favorite activity measuring motors and
certify cars that have set records.
Much to my surprise a lovely lady comes up to the trailer opening with this
"dude" and they both stopped to talk to the folks at our opening.   Much to my
dismay I had to introduce myself to the lovely "Tanya" because the "dude"
couldn't remember who I was, which is ok when you consider that he doesn't
spent too much time in the Bonneville Impound area anyway. If I would have had
my sweat shirt off he may have spotted my name on my SCTA shirt.  NAAAWWW not
a chance.
Anyway all the accolades given concerning the lovely Tanya are true so there's
no need to say anything else.  But as all of us could plainly see that she had
one minor flaw.  Since she was with that "dude" it was obvious to us she must
have been blind. We all could not hold it back and had to ask her.  Naturally
she smiled and got the joke however the "dude" went on talking oblivious to
everything happening around him. What a great Sunday. Oh yeah by the way KT
was there too.  I think?  Right Dan????  J.D.