Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: what transmission should I seek? x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 06:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
Ah ha!  So  your the guy "from up nawth" who bought the roadster I was going to
go pick up this weekend!  No sweat though, I was sitting on a fence of
indecision and when Pete told me that somebody else had snatched the car up
while I was on vacation I just leaned the other way on the fence and brought
home a cherry 53 Studebaker day before yesterday.

Bob, I would get an adapter from Speedway (or from any other supplier) and use
a Chev four speed with a good old Hurst shifter..  They are easy to come by and
plenyt good for a flatty.  I'd use the adapter that has the flathead Ford style
clutch arm in it.  I had that setup in the roadster I was putting together a
few years ago and it seemed to be pretty cool. That type of throw out arm lends
itself to a hydraulic hookup real well if you should happen to want to go that
way. Good luck with your roadster. I goot go out and start working on the
Stude, catch ya later.

Dick J in East Texas

Bob Denton <foxriverkid@earthlink.net> wrote:
I'm new at this, as many of you know. But, hey, I'm trying. Yeh, I know,
very trying.

I bought a roadster that has center steering. I'm going to put a
Flathead in it. What transmission should I be looking to match up with
it and what about shift linkage?

Bob Denton