RE: Black Line

To: "Joe Amo" <jkamo@rap.midco.net>, <Nt788@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Black Line
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:30:53 -0500
Joe, Jack:
ya gotta explain this "safety" issue to me a little better.  I never ran on
the old single black line course, so my perspective may be a little
different.

On the course we have now, I spent as much time as I could figuring out
where the rough spots were-- then I chose what I thought would be a smooth
"lane" based on distance between the two sidelines.  It seemed to work
pretty well-- I only ran across a rough spot once, in 8 or so runs.

If you have only a black centerline, how do you choose a smooth path?  Seems
to me the only way you can really tell where you are (in that case) is to
stay REAL CLOSE to that centerline-- right where all those big momma salt
diggers are making the holes.  Doesn't sound so safe, to me.

What am I missing here?
Russ, #1226B