Re: Aaahhhh Painting...

To: "LSR list" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aaahhhh Painting...
From: "atrav" <atravis@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 21:11:08 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
> you can still get zinc chromate?  I proposed it recently for a job in the
> petrochemical industry and thought everyone in the conf. room was gonna have
> a heart attack.  In this industry "environmental" rules.
> Russ, #1226B

Aircraft Spruce sells it, or something similar. So does Eastwood. Here in
Florida the local marine
shops are full of it, EPA be damned- there's salt water to deal with! ;o)
FWIW, I favor Dupont for most paints. One reason is they will actually answer
email, quickly too. I
was painting some galvanized body panels awhile ago, and they were very helpful
in choosing the
proper primer.
-Aron-