RE: block boring

To: <LGMCAFEE@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: block boring
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 01:44:56 -0500
Larry:
I suspect it is more of an issue with outboard racers and us bike guys,
since we have aluminum blocks.  Iron blocks change dimension a lot less with
200 deg added heat (due to the lower coefficient of thermal expansion) so
the return-on-investment (in dimensional accuracy) would be much less.
Perhaps that explains the minimal response?
Russ, #1226B