LSR Cars on display

To: LSR List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR Cars on display
From: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:45:41 -0400
List

If after visitng Beaulieu you can venture further north in little old
England you can see the John Cobb Railton Mobil Special on its own in
Birmingham........Thrust 2 and Thrust SSC in Coventry.........a number of
MG's at Gaydon (The Heritage Centre).    Water record holders in the
Science Museum London.......The MotorBoat Museum, Pitsea.............and
the Steam Boat Museum, Windermere.

Campbell (Donald and Malcolm) memorabilia at Holker Hall and Filching
Manor.  Aeroplanes....... any interest?

I have probably forgotten some sites to go............perhaps Jack can
remember where he went with George and Kaiko?

I do not know where any record Healeys might be (perhaps in private
collections)..........and it appears the Berkley's are now mostly to be
seen in the USA!  I wonder what you did with all those Royal Enfield
motorcycle engines that seem to have been displaced by Turbo V8's ???

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England

ps      if you like getting close to F1 engineering then the Donington
Grand Prix Collection is 15 miles away from me - and you could always call
by for a lemonade to drink.........as Jim knows.

pps     Milk Float speed bid in 3 weeks time !!!!