Re: What Google knows about you

To: W S Potter <wester6935@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: What Google knows about you
From: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:01:52 -0700
Wes;
This is currently being used by business for even more devious
reasons. Example; A friend of mine owned a 2002 Corvette Z06.
She was auto-crossing it when the engine oil-starved and the
bottom end siezed. She had it towed to the dealership for R&R
of engine under warrenty. She got a call at 10:00 AM the next
morning from the Service Manager - he asked her to come to the
dealership to discuss repairs of her car. When she got there,
she was shown into a conference room & then informed that the
warenty was "VOID" because she "raced the car" After she gave
them a piece of her mind about GM's warrenty policy she asked
"besides, how do you know what I do with my car?" At that
point, he opened a 3-ring binder with race results for the
past 3 years - ALL TAKEN OFF THE INTERNET! To make a long
story short, she took he complaint all the way up to the
Corvette Chief Engineer & got her car fixed under warrenty.
Another friend was less lucky - when he blew up his Z06 (under
warrenty) he had to pay for 1/2 of the repairs when they
pulled the same stunt on him. Another friend had his life
insurance policy "changed" by the company when an internet
search revealed that he was a sky-diver & racer. I could go
on, but you get the point. Too bad George Orwell wrote 1984
before computers - I'm sure the book would have been entirely
different!
Ed