RE: What Google knows about you

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <ed@vetteracing.com>, "W S Potter"
Subject: RE: What Google knows about you
From: "Jon Wennerberg" <jonw@up.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:31:53 -0400
I'll add some fuel to the fire, too.  A couple of years ago my life
insurance agent called to say that my life insurance company (Mutual of
Podunk) had sent a questionnaire to him for me to fill out - about my racing
activities.  Agent swears he didn't tell on me, so we both figgered that the
Ins. Co. went to Google and found out that I race.  I guess they Google all
customers nowadays.  I tried Google again yesterday -- typed in my name, and
sure enough, results from a couple of different events where I've raced were
right at the top.

The questionnaire asked where and what I race, what sanctioning bodies
oversee the events, and so on.  I answered the questions truthfully -- and
got presented with a 50% increase in premiums.  I suppose it's better than
having my heirs arrive at the attorney's office after my demise and finding
the insurance policy stamped "Warranty Void", though.

Also:  Yesterday I found a phone number on my desk -- but no hint of whose
it was.  Taking Wes' hint I entered it in google and sure enough, now I know
Ed Killar's home number and address and probably what size shoes he wears.

Jon