Re: Oil Pumps

To: "Sparky" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>,
Subject: Re: Oil Pumps
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 07:58:44 -0500
Sparky your exactly right... I have one ... and I might sell it..

Nascar runs them on the rear ends to move oil without the drag of a
mechanical pump.

The first time I've seen one in operation was up at Muscle Motorsports...
Grib was doing some component testing  with a device that required a cool
oil supply and he had this thing set up on a battery with a charger ... I
was waiting for Tonya to get back from a Linda Tour of the local shopping
malls... So I got to set up a pressure gauge on his machine....  the pump
made 100 psi with no problems running it through a -4 line as I
ecall...( 1/4" by the way... each - of an AN fitting represents 1/16th of an
inch. )

Just a cool way to effectively move oil....  would I trust it for my
engine... Hmmm not at this point but if someone could prove to me that it
was reliable enough I guess I might start evaluating actual oil system usage
and think about it on a small bore motor like a motorcycle...  I know Nascar
trusts it for 500 miles... that has to be worth something.

Keith