Re: Weight and Balance stuff again

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weight and Balance stuff again
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:13:41 -0700 (PDT)
Ahhh. Center of pressure. The final and most important
part of my argument. The one component that answers
why we want low polar moments of inertia for high
speed stability. Before center of pressure was fully
understood, even road race designers thought high
polar moments were necessary to resist aerodynamic
instability. The RR guys now use wings, splitters,
spoilers, etc to move center of pressure behind CG. We
LSR types do too but also may use other aero devices
that accomplish the same task.

Thanks Thomas, for pointing out the obvious.

John