Engine classes

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine classes
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 06:13:10 -0700
Will SCTA allow you to run in a class with a motor which is smaller than the
designated class?  i.e., can you run a "C" class 350 cid motor in a class "B"
car?
Dick,

The answer is no. You must run in the correct engine class break to be
certified for a record. I had to deny two records at Speedweek last year when
we measured one engine too small and the other too large.

Of course if you do not come to impound to certify your record we won't know
will we? If you are looking at running as close as possible to a record you
will choose a class where your speed potential is. The only person you have to
satisfy is yourself on the end of the day.

Dan Warner