Re: Twin Jugs (egg on our face)

To: "Rick Yacoucci" <turborick@TurboRick.com>
Subject: Re: Twin Jugs (egg on our face)
From: "dahmurf" <dahmurf@dahmurf.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:37:53 -0500
Rick,
 Thank you so much for asking the question! Since you asked & I visited your
site I find that we are in fact WRONG about said claim. First & foremost let
me/us apologize to you.

Secondly, this is what now appears on the Double Busa portion of our web site:

We have made a mistake in our claim to being the fastest gas powered unfaired
bike in the world!
It has come to our attention that Rick Yacoucci holds the TWO fastest gas
powered unfaired records.
We offer our sincere apologies for our error.

Rick currently holds the following top gas unfaired records:
Bonneville: A/BG-1350 at 203.361 on a GSXR in 1999
Muroc: A/G-1650 at 203.799 on a BUSA in 2001

Double Busa's top unfaired gas record is A/BG-1350 at 202.433 in 2002
They also ran a top unfaired speed on gas of 203.619 however it was run in a
fuel class
(M/BF-1350 at 203.619 on a Busa in 2002)
This is where the "fastest unfaired gas" claim originated as we were unaware
of the Muroc record.

I believe the way the oversight came about is that Todd Brooks did not have
access to the Bonneville rule book/list of records. I believe he was relying
on the list of records on the landracing.com web site. Your Muroc record is
missing from that site and because of that we did not realize it existed.
(not an excuse, merely an explanation so you don't think we're a bunch of
smucks!)

We hope you will accept our sincere apology. Your accomplishment is
outstanding and well respected by our team. We are even more impressed by
your A/G-3000 record having been accomplished unblown. If you have a moment
Todd would really like to speak with you directly about our mistake. His
number at the shop is 540-657-8481.

Sincerely,
Double Busa Racing & Twin Jugs Racing
Todd Brooks, Todd Dross & Debbie Heneman

(it's good to have goals, looks like Double Busa has a new one! ;D )