RE: Goodyear and Firestone Racing Tires

To: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>, <foxriverkid@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Goodyear and Firestone Racing Tires
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 08:27:50 -0500
Gary:
They let us run the OEM ZR tires here because there appears to be nothing
with a MC cross-section that is better for lsr.

Noonan, for example, may have been better off with the (treaded) ZR tire.
He is one of the ones I was talking about that ("people say") burns rubber
for the full pass.  (SOME MC person is doing it, because I've seen the
tracks!) If you're gonna do that, you'd better have some rubber on the tire
to burn, because the air inside won't hold you up for very long!

Neither will a thin-skinned shaved slick, if you are SPINNING it against
that abrasive salt.  I wish you nothing but the best in your attempt-- but
if that shaved slick spins for very long, I hope you will back-off and
inspect the back tire carefully, before trying again.
Russ, #1226B