Re: Camaro fire...

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camaro fire...
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:37:35 -0400
At 02:08 PM 7/9/03 -0500, you wrote:

>I'll do a gig on fire damage and controlling it when I get back on
>Tuesday... but suffice it to say .... a 10lb fire extinguisher isn't even
>close to enough...
>
>Keith

  FWIW:  I agree, you, at least had fast access to a water hose to cool
things down,  we used a 10lb and 2 5lb bottles on the coach fire
that was in the gen-set compartment in the rear of the coach.
but we could have saved the coach IF we had water spray available of
some sort.
  Dry powder is OK but   its hard to beat a water or foam backup.
something to handle the heat & get some cooling.

Just so glad that you are alright.  and the little red one too
sure looked good at Maxton...

                   \\  ~ ~  //
                    (  @ @  )
      |        john.szalay@att.net       |
               .oooO     (   )
                 \_)           I yam whaddIyam.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, However,
A rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
            Friends, don't let friends do AOL!