Re: Information about record cars

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Information about record cars
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:07:12 -0700 (PDT)
"If you cannot afford a Cosworth motor you may need to
re-assess the class that you run in."

Maybe not the class, Malcom but certainly the engine.
Case in point. I used a production-based 2.0L Cosworth
Sierra (UK car) for record runs in G/GL and G/FL. The
best I was able to make was 305hp. Today, a stock
Honda S2000 2.0L engine makes over 240hp with room to
easily (and reasonably inexpensively) make more HP
than my old Cossie. If someone with such a Honda
engine were to put one in a lakester, my records would
almost certainly fall. I welcome someone to do this.
It is good for the sport.

John Goodman