Re: Vehicle data & Engine choices

To: MPittwood@compuserve.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vehicle data & Engine choices
From: "gary baker" <lsr350@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:03:55 +1000
MALCOLM wrote

>In Britain many limited production number and so called 'kit cars' are now
>being fitted with motorcycle engines as you may have seen in the magazines.
>  These motors (often with integral 5 or 6 speed gearboxes) produce
>excellent levels of power to weight - hundreds of horsepower and virtually
>no weight.  A large number of these types of cars are competing in UK motor
>sport (but not record breaking).

The above practice is something that really iritates me no end and from my
conversations with other motorcyclists Im not alone  , in the scheme of
things ( as compaired to cars ) there is only a relatively few large
capacity motorcycles produced ( these are the motors that the car crowd want
)  and as that nasty thing called supply and demand largly controlls what $$
these go for when available ,demand has far outstriped supply at least in
Australia forcing prices to skyrocket for the likes of Hayabusa , zx 12 and
honda blackbird motors as I have posted in th past these are rarer than
rocking horse  s**t , I have a friend who produces and races mini sprint
cars  and buys up these motors in bulk at prices that would make you gag ,
and he has told me that he and others intend to start buying up any 2nd hand
that are up for sale ,good if you want to sell , crap if you want to buy ,PS
this winge is totally selfish as Im trying to compete for the same motors
for my projects  and will not use underpowered ,s**tbox car motors  let the
car mob buy ,spend the $$ to get performance out of said car motors and
leave the motorcycles to the motorcyclists  (end of winge)
Gary