Re: Well, What Did I accomplish This Week...

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Well, What Did I accomplish This Week...
From: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 21:21:45 -0400
HMMM let me see how to put this. I hate spiral wrapping anything. Looks
pretty and that's all it does. Ain't good if you have to go back into it for
something. Why not use split wire loom? You don't have to buy all the
fittings. They make a fire retardant version of this. Just use the tubing
and at tubing junctions use a wire tie mounting block or a wire tie with a
mounting hole to secure the bundle. While we are talking wire ties. These
things weren't designed to restrain a gorilla. Biggest mistake I see people
do with them is tighten to the point of snapping. Ties installed this way
will break the conductor inside the insulation and show no visual indication
outside. Mystery wire one piece but no juice. If you use the split wire loom
method all the ties are for is to get the bundle located. Don't have to be
even snug just slightly lose around bundle. Oh and one more thing if you do
trim off the excess tie do it close to the clamp I mean real close, as in
shaved. You don't have to use one of those high dollar wire tie guns for
this just a good single edge razor blade. If you ever cut yourself on one of
those plastic ends you trimmed wrong you will remember it.

Bill