Re: hardness/Cof salt test

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: hardness/Cof salt test
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:38:12 -0700
Mayf,

I've heard for 30 years the statement: "The salt changes all the time"
I don't remember anyone explaining exactly why and almost without
exception the change is for the worse during a single day.
I would sure like to know why.
Has anyone drilled a hole and tracked the subsurface water level
during a day? If so has that been related to ambient conditions?
If the wind blows over 10 MPH does this change the traction?
How much? How long does the wind need to blow to make a difference?
What set of conditions produce optimum traction?
Getting bite on the salt becomes the number one problem when a
fast car is sorted out. More information about the behavior of the salt
would be useful to a lot of people based on what I saw last week.

I suspect you will come up with more questions than answers at first Mayf.

Thanks for trying to help ALL of us,
Bryan