Re: What I learned on my summer vacation by Keith Turk

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What I learned on my summer vacation by Keith Turk
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:18:44 -0400
    Congratulations again Keith. Wish I had been there to see it.

"2. What you know about on one car doesn't automatically transfer to the
next. (Ballast issues still amaze me with 60% on the rear wheels)."

    Interesting feed back. What was your caster settings? What was the left
to right balance? What RPM were you running and was the car still
accelerating well into the fifth mile?

" 3. Good Freinds are always more important then race cars... ( Brad had to
get up awefully early to catch those record return runs, thank you for
sharing in the experience )."

    And Brad don't like getting up all that early.

" 4. Crew Chiefs are best when left alone to do thier job without driver
imput (Dave really wanted to releive the car of it's wicker bills... and
when we did the car Hauled ASS and went straight as an arrow... bout that
simple )."

    Never found Dave to be off by much.

    JB, #79, D/GCC