Answer: Unknown Speedweek Car on Picture Post

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Answer: Unknown Speedweek Car on Picture Post
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:27:40 +0000
No no No  Bob !

  that's a "Victress" fiberglas body on a homebuilt chassis.   I gabbed with
those folks who were from Indiana I do believe.  Ran into them first at a
truck stop in Wyoming on the way to the salt and chatted a while.   Later
went to see them on the salt.  The car is bitchin   Seems this car ran
Bonneville in 1953 with a 331 Chrysler Hemi and they wanted to return it 50
years later... They even had the two trophys it had won in 53 with them for
display.  It did not run, (yet) but they plan on roadracing it (which it also
did back then.)

it is a cherry painstaking restoration.  Nice folks to boot  ( as you might
expect.)

I NEGLECTED to get their contact info and now would like to learn it.
(shame on me.)   you see, they had a full photo scrapbook of Bonneville
1953   (along with other stuff )  and I later met a fella on the salt
representing "The American Hot Rod Archives Foundation" who would very much
like to look at, and possibly use, these photos for documentary videotapes
that are (or will be ) being produced.

IF anyone can help me contact these folks please contact me!       Thanks

Cheers,.. & signin' off,  -it's your pal,"Dirt Track Doug"