RE: car 988 @ 313 mph video (second try)

To: "Bill Bennett" <bennevl@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: car 988 @ 313 mph video (second try)
From: "Russel Mack" <rtmack@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 03:39:16 -0500
Jon, Bill, Rick:
I agree-- AWESOME.
I agree-- looks like right hand could be reaching for chute release just
after the five (similar motion between the six and the seven, and again just
before the stop).

Some points:
1.  Looked tail-waggy at start.  (To me, salt seemed pretty slippery, on my
bike.)  Neb II overpowering the track in 1st, I suspect.
2.  Sounded like the shift into 6th was just before the four.  That puppy
must be geared pretty TALL.
3.  Engine sounded really sweet (to someone who likes high revs, anyway)
4.  Nice driving job-- especially balancing the winddrift at the big end,
and getting the car stopped (w/o 'chute!)
5.  Nice filming.  If I ever want to make lsr videos, I'll be asking for
advice on equipment and setup!

Hope I get to see you set another record next year!
Russ, #1226B