RE: Estate or Station Wagon or ...

To: Malcolm Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>,
Subject: RE: Estate or Station Wagon or ...
From: Jim Webb <jimwebb@nutsracing.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:40:37 -0500
Okay,

Now I understand... Chevrolet sold a 'station wagon' called the Kingswood
Estate. I owned one of these magnificent cars. It had a big block and would
haul anything - the entire estate I guess! And it always got the same
mileage - 9. It didn't matter if you ran it fully loaded with camping gear
and people at 75mph, or empty 'round town. Since the car was lees than
pretty on the outside, sorta a rust color, and huge, it got a lot of respect
from the econo-boxes on the road. It was affectionately called "The
BattleStar".

I always wondered where the Estate came from. Now I know.

What an education we get on this list!

Jim Webb