Re: Total Loss or Alternator

To: Richard Fox <v4gr@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: Total Loss or Alternator
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rap.midco.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:59:51 -0600
all right then I figured it out,  all you guys running total loss
voltage systems should be BANNED,  because it is obviously
a form of TRACTION CONTROL,  as all the potential power is not
being applied most of the way down the salt,  as the aero wall is pushed
and
wheel slip is greatest you guys are pulling power out of it with the
disguise of
a alternator less system,  very clever,  did Jack think this one up,
poor mans
traction control,  next thing you know they will be talking about someone
with a loose distributor pulling timing out of it as traction becomes a
problem,
or some variable waste gate pulling boost out as wheels slip, or a nitrous
system that pulls power out on the big end under the guise of supposed
falling bottle pressure and richer mixer to ease wheel slip

besides, Russ, how many qualifying laps (you know 2-5 miles runs like
Bonn) do you suppose those
guys run without the handicap of an alternator?

Joe [:)]

Russel Mack wrote:

Dave, Dave...
this is unlike you-- you have purposely biased your arguement toward
ENDURANCE racing (where they would need to haul a trailer full of
batteries!).
Try...
NHRA
IHRA
AMA (some)
When I raced MC Flattrack (AMA Novice), for example, NOBODY used a charging
system.  There were the magneto guys, and the total-loss battery guys.
Russ, #1226B