RE: Lexan windscreen supplier?

To: "'James Tone'" <gmc6power@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Lexan windscreen supplier?
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:36:46 -0500
J.D.;

Polycarbonate it is; "Lexan" is a GE trademark. One tip for installing a
Lexan or any plastic windshield-- drill the mounting holes a bit oversize to
allow for expansion. If there is no room for the plastic to expand and
contract with temperature, it may crack around the mounting holes.

BTW, there is a special grade of polycarbonate with a hard surface coating
that makes it much more scratch-resistant. I forget the name, though.

Regards, Neil     Tucson, AZ