Re: Garage

To: "'Sparky'" <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Subject: Re: Garage
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 20:54:39 -0700
Sparky,

You've gotten some excellent ideas. You will never have too many
electrical outlets.
I've got duplex outlets 8 feet apart, going to convert them to quad outlet.
I have 2 outlets on the beams 8 feet from the side walls. Each one has a
3 outlet
18 inch extension hanging down.
I  like 10' walls and would consider scissor trusses (cathedral ceiling)
for part of
the roof if you think you might ever want to install a lift. It can also
give you better
access to overhead storage.
I wish I had drilled a 1" hole through the top plate next to EVERY stud
and ran a string
down the stud before I installed insulation and drywall. I have already
used one of
the two I put behind the work bench. I drilled next to the stud and ran
the  nylon twine
between the stud and the fiberglass. Worked great..
I got 5 gal of cheap white semi gloss at Home Depot and painted
everything that
couldn't move except the top of the work bench and I love it!!
All of the 120V outlets are GFCI protected and they work. Kinda takes
the thrill
out of using old cheap power tools.
I wish I had insulated the roof during it's construction. 3/8 OSB on the
inside of
the rafters, 6" of fiberglass and roof sheeting with a ridge vent. Oh
well...

Have fun Sparky,
Bryan