Re: Thought and Ideas Wanted ... Plumbing for Water Injection

To: drmayf@teknett.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thought and Ideas Wanted ... Plumbing for Water Injection
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:40:13 EDT
     Mayf ...... I can tell you that the stainless steel beverage tanks used
in multiple setups at restaurants and hot dog stands worked very well as
either fuel or water containers in the past....... with Corvette submersible
fuel pumps inside they also were ideal for injecting the fuel of choice into
dual exhaust systems for the flame thrower displays that were / are
popular at many car shows in the last decade .
      Back in the Fifties we just used the old Model T wooden box coils
to light off our tailpipe mounted sparkplugs ..... those of us with the
chokes taken out of our multiple carb flatty setups for more airflow had to
rely on revving the "mill", as engines were called back then, up and
then turning the key off briefly before hitting the spark plug switch !
   Those were Fun Years, but those simple pastimes went by the wayside
as drag racing demands required less weight and much less nonsense in
our cars if we wanted to win ...... both street and strip !!!
      Ain't Progress Grand ???  Seriously, though, look at some of those
stainless soda tanks.  We cut an old steel fire extinguisher about 7" in
diameter in half and shortened it for the puke tank ( plumbed to both valve
covers ) on the Black Radon altered's rat motor ...... and it looked great
after it was plated to match the headers and other engine goodies .......
      Bruce in Connecticut, where the weather was Perfect
                    ( at least for the last two days ! )