Re: Suspension and motion ratio

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension and motion ratio
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 06:42:43 -0700 (PDT)
Mayf, setting and controlling ride height is done for
a variety of reasons. For those using under car aero
devices, keeping ride within a limited range will be
critical to generating suction. Still others with aero
devices (wings, large angle of attack, etc.) that
generate a good bit of down force, need spring rates
capable of handling the added aero loads without
bottoming the car. I maintain that regardless the
need, correct selection of spring rate (and damper
valving), as it relates to motion ratio, is an
important part of the suspension design.

John Goodman