Re: Pyrometers

To: Russel Mack <rtmack@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Pyrometers
From: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:59:57 -0400
I just got this today.. Even though it is dated Oct 9 on my incoming

The Quickdata recorder has 2 digital outputs. They can be programmed to activate
when any channel is above or below a value and have an and/or comparison as
well. Problem is if you have more than 4 reasons to turn a waring on you are out
of luck. Even more disappointing in some resecpts is there is no math capibilty
to the comparisons but for the price that is to be expected.
a useful example of the math funtions might be..

If wheelspeed rear/ wheelspeed front > 1.1 then activate slip warning light.
Or
fuel pressure - map < 300 then low fuel pressure light
(these it cannot do)

If oil opressure < 50 and rpm is > 4000 activate light
( this is a simple one it can do)

They would have to add to the number of channels that can be checked in order to
accomplish the egt thing unless you have one or two cyliders that are prone to
the problem before the others.. Usually the data log will show you what one to
look for right away.
Dave