Re: Liquid Rubber Electrical Tape

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Liquid Rubber Electrical Tape
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:24:17 -0500
Mayf, I have used it in a salt water boat enviorment--it works fairly well---as
to using it again, it would depend where and how delicate---it is fairly messy
--on fattery terminals---I would use grease instead --- small junction boxes
no-- individual wires I personally plan on using shrink wrap   something that
you don't forsee needing to go back to---ok

> From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
> Date: 2003/10/17 Fri AM 08:55:32 CDT
> To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Rules Q and Electrical Q
>
> For my throttle cable I am using an OEM Mustang setup. This is a cable
> system in a sheath. It has a return spring at the  throttlle body end. The
> question is: do I need to have the throttle pedal toe return device for me
> to be able to "pull the linkage back" so to speak or not. Because it is a
> cable system, I do not see how to make that work. Solid linkage, yes, cable,
> no. So someone with experience please tell me how or what? My second
> question regards electrical connections and their protection. HAs anyone
> used the liquid electrical "tape". Brush on and it sets up  and seals the
> joint from everything? ould that work on open terminals as well such as the
> nds at sensors like oil pressure and temp? How hard is it to remove when
> needs arise?
>
> mayf

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211