Radiator or Tank

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Radiator or Tank
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:11:39 -0700 (PDT)
I just went to the local scrapyard to pick up a couple pieces of steel for the
front cross member on the Studebaker.  While I was standing there, they were
unloading a load of aluminum from the teardown of the local Stroh's Brewery.  A
nice, shiny, fifteen gallon tank, not unlike a large Moon tank, caught my eye,
and for a few more bucks I threw it in the back of the truck.

It appears to be in perfect shape, and would probably make an excellent coolant
tank.  What are the pros and cons of running a tank vs a radiator? Can I use
the regular motor water pump with a tank?  How long does it take to cool down
between runs at Bonneville?  At Maxton?

Dick J in East Texas