Re: Radiator or Tank

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>, ddahlgren@snet.net
Subject: Re: Radiator or Tank
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:35:53 -0500
Bryan,
I was crew chief on the Miss America P-51. What do you want to know? We ran
stock pressure, water and glycol. The water spray is to cause the radiator
door to close at speed and thereby adding about 10 MPH It also helps keep
the after coolant temp to stay below 100C (along with the 60/40 ADI). I
won't run glycol in my engines because it is a poor coolant. Water is much
better at transferring heat.
Skip