Seth Hammond #77

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seth Hammond #77
From: "Landspeed Louise Ann Noeth" <landspeedlouise@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:56:13 -0700
On Sunday afternoon, I spoke with Seth Hammond, who expects to be released
from the Salt Lake hospital on Monday. A testament to a well-built car
combined with a generous tug on the safety belts by the starting line
folks --  all his injuries are minor and he was up on his feet walking
around his room as we talked. He loves this sport so don't be surprised in
the least if we see him back with a rebuilt #77, or whole new car.

Seth commented on the tumble: "It was unfortunate, but like Arnold
Schwarzenegger once said, "I'll be back!"

Background: On Friday afternoon (10/17) Seth Hammond, while driving his #77
lakester on a plus 300mph run crashed at the top end of the timed course.
This was his second run of the day. Earlier that morning, during the record
run portion of the event day he set a new land speed record in D blown fuel
lakester at 304.198 earning him entree into the 300MPH chapter of the 200MPH
Club.

Hammond remarked of that feat, "Now I can once again do my laundry with my
wife Tanis."

Hammond was of course referring to the fact that the lovely and charming
Mrs. Hammond was already a 3 Club member who wore the coveted blue hat,
Until that point, Mr. Hammond was only allowed to doff the red head gear of
the 200MPH Club which he earned the year he purchased the car. The ever
thoughtful Hammond thanked #77 in a proper manner; he vigorously shook then
popped the cork off a chilled bottle of Dom Perignon champagne spraying the
car first before imbibing, or offering a congratulatory swig to engine
builder Lee Gustafson and crew members Dr. Jeannie Pflum and Mike Dawson.

Built in 1962 by Tim Rochlitzer and Ernie Bennett, Hammond has owned the car
since 1981, but had been infatuated with it since childhood. The car has
carried more people into the 200MPH Club than any other land speed car in
history and currently holds a dozen class records.

Speedy Regards,

"LandSpeed" Louise Ann Noeth
LandSpeed Productions
"Telling stories with words and pictures"

www.landspeedproductions.biz

This e-mail including any files attached is intended for the addressee only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or trade secret confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy
or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original
message. Thank you for your cooperation.