200club stuff...

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 200club stuff...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 02:49:52 -0500
Sorry for starting this maylay....

I know everyone has feelings on the subject... and because of what it is...
well those feelings run deep...

I agree with Tom... took me some time to come around to it because like Jack I
thought the whole thing was rather elitist...  I don't now.. I understand...
it makes sense to me....

Is it heart breaking to see Bill Smith not get in with a 267 pass on a 270
minimum.... of course it is.... just as heart breaking as it is to run 228 on
a 230 record...  But I knew what the record was... hated it... but there ya
go... I came close..  horse shoes... handgranades.. and the occasional atomic
bomb....  Fairly fast on a sunny day...

When Cris and Ed showed up with my time slip....... Dan Warner handing me that
silly record certification....Tom Bryant understanding why I wanted his Hat to
be my first..... When I made Dave Stand up at the Banquet... When I asked
Tonya if she'd seen that new red hat I had on the way home ( for the 39 time
).....  all of it was just to sweet...

Wouldn't have it any other way.... it was a ton of work... effort and
Passion.. because Nothing gets done without Passion...

Life is Good...

Keith