Fires in S. CA

To: Landspeed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fires in S. CA
From: Katie Young Cortez <drylakercr@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:00:12 -0700
Boy, I've been thinking about all of you in the southern section of our
great state and hoping that you are out of the many wildfires' paths!

I did hear through the grapevine (I'm not so sure how reliable of a vine it
is though) that Jack Kelly lives in one of the evacuated neighborhoods--I
sure hope that if this is true that he and his family are okay.

I can remember being evacuated from our home in the middle of the night one
October when I was 5 years old due to a wildfire (another one started by
arson, I believe) coming into our neighborhood. What a frightening
event....the orange flames lighting up our neighborhood...the hot air due to
flames combined with Santa Ana Winds...the glowing hot ashes hitting our
roof where my dad was standing keeping the shingles wet, especially over the
garage area where the roadster was parked (it had just earned a place on the
next year's Bonneville poster and it was a piece of history, since the
Brissette's earned #1 in points in it some years before).

Well, I hope that all of you and your neighbors are safe!

:-) Katie Young Cortez (who is being pestered to get off this computer, so
we can head off to the pumpkin patch)