Re: Aaaahhhh, the Rule Book

To: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aaaahhhh, the Rule Book
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:20:47 -0800
Steam seems to be the consensus answer. And that is good for me. However,
what governs the size of the steam engine, the pistons used or turbine used
if that is the configuration? Seems that we go to an awful lot of trouble to
describe other cycles then simply throw in the "S" for steam. If I wanted to
build such a beast, how would I go about getting approval? Who would be the
guru of steam...some old railroad engineer? Or power plant nuke type or?

In any case, was just a curiosity on my part. MAybe the rule book can have a
single line added for "S = Steam, external combustion" pistor or turbine.

mayf